Precautions After Treatment
PRP Treatment / Therapy is for sure an easy to conduct procedure but there are few after treatment precautions which you should take:
- Preferably, take rest on the day when the procedure has been conducted and do not involve yourself with office or household work.
- Most physicians recommend on applying ice to the area where PRP was injected for a time span of 15-20 minutes, 3-4 times for the next 2 days.
- Ensure that you do not take in any anti-inflammatory injections or drugs for the coming 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Take only prescribed pain pills ( if any) to reduce slight amounts of pain that you feel.
- It is compulsorily recommended to use a brace or sling at all times, with the exclusion of a shower or changing.
- You can start off with your day-to-day work routine in about 2-3 days but that too with the brace or sling.
- Schedule for yourself a Post PRP Treatment check-up with the physician within 1-2 weeks to see if all is going well.